Monday, October 3, 2011

Shepards are Awesome...

Ok so, once again it has been a while. No excuses, I simply didn't feel much like blogging...

Over the last few weeks we have - once again had some really weird things happen. I just got out last Monday after spending a week in the hospital with a cellulitis infection and now I get to give myself these really cool IV balls...seriously they are little golden Christmas-ish looking ball that I plug into my picc line in my artery until the ball looks like an apple core. It has a heavy plastic thing around it that makes it look like a dead bird or an airplane when it is empty. I plug it into a line and my artery sucks the med out. Pretty cool, huh? Huh?

Seriously though, I gained a total of 15 pounds while in the hospital. I gained mega water weight though in my leg, it was huge, not kidding. It was almost 3 times as big as my other leg at one point. Not to mention that I did nothing but sleep and eat for a week. By the end of the week though I lost all desire for food. I would take three bites of something and be nauseated at the thought of food I have finally reached my first goal of after five years weighing under 400 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like this nausea thing.
I lost all of the weight and more Wooooooo Hooooo! Now that's what I am talking about!
I have also witnessed to half a dozen nurses and  two doctors.

God must have given me a ministry to those in the medical field I can't seem to get away from them asking me direct questions about my faith. Not always of course but enough to keep me interested and prepared for the possibility when I go to an appointment. Plus, God just reminds me of scriptures and in a couple of cases has given me scriptures, words of knowledge and wisdom. It is really cool.
The ironic part about this is that I have always thought of myself as stupid, slow and pretty much useless. Therefore I have felt VERY intimidated by highly educated people and even people in general. Mostly due to some dark areas of my past.  I am still a little nervous but through the years the Lord has assured me that I am not stupid. He has also given me wisdom. God is AMAZING!

It kinda reminds me of David. I used to sing this song at church. It was "Shepard Boy" by Ray bolts. When I first began singing this song I could feel the Lord telling me gently that I was His Shepard Girl.
I of course thought that was ridiculous and that I was being proud and well, stupid. Then I kept getting prophesies of being Gods special servant or some even said Shepard. I also received many prophecies of being a "force to be reckoned with" and a "Warrior clad in diamond armour". Yeah, I know, right?

I hope I am not sounding pompous or puffed up. I am truly in awe and wonderment that the Lord is using me this way and I give ALL the GLORY to HIM. I can guarantee I have nothing to do with this except show up and even that is God most of the time. I believe all of us are "Shepard's" of one type or another

Here is the song that so many times has brought me to tears. Please, please, please listen to it and know it is not just me that this song is for:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSIW0bAxOws&feature=player_detailpage


PS: WE ARE STILL IN THE HOTEL (SEVEN WEEKS NOW) AND THEY HAVEN'T EVEN STARTED ON OUR HOUSE. THEY SAY WE WILL BE HERE FOR ANOTHER SIX TO EIGHT WEEKS. WE WOULD APPRECIATE PRAYER FOR WISDOM, DIRECTION AND FOR THE WORK TO COMMENCE...THANK YOU SO MUCH...BE BLESSED.















No comments:

Post a Comment