Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Waiting While the Weightloss Waits

Good Morning, afternoon, or evening depending on when you read this.

As you know, if you have been reading my blog, my life has been quite...let's say, interesting shall we? We are still in the hotel but have been upgraded to a one bedroom suite. It is so nice just to have space and a bigger place. We now have a living room, a bigger kitchen area and a separate bed room which Bob really needed. He has to be at work at 4:00 am so he goes to bed at 8:00 or 9:00 and in our old room there was no place for me to go in the evening and going to sleep that early was next to impossible...I tried. Anyway, Bob had a hard time sleeping with me around no matter how quiet I was. This room we are in now feels more like a home and Bob can go to bed and close the door. Hopefully, he will feel better and be more energetic. I love my husband soooo much! He is awesome, so patient, so helpful and loving. 31 years and counting.


Let's talk about weight for a few minutes. I have been gaining and losing 12 pounds for the last couple of months. I did go through a time just being nauseated by food. It was so cool. I am still doing that occasionally when I run a fever. Yep, still running fevers.

Once again I am running into those who are ignorant of the ordeal of being obese. So many think that you just eat less and exercise more and you know what? For the regular person that just needs to lose 10 or 15 pounds that is a true statement in most cases. I  don't know about you but I start to feel guilty again thinking about what a lousy person I am because I can not follow through with this seemingly simple plan..."here I go again Lord, as usual I have failed."  "What's the use" and the pattern continues with you covering your true you in layers of food. We set ourselves up to fail the minute we set the goals we know we can not keep. Small goals such as just getting through the day or sometimes even the hour.

It is not that we do not desire deeply - because we do - to do the right thing it is simply that we do not have the knowledge we  need to accomplish with what we must get from our creator.

About a month ago I talked about the scripture in Deuteronomy 30:19 about God presenting to us life and death with the Lord telling us to choose life. Wow, it sounds like maybe that is the first step in a weight loss life style, to choose life. I know it is a step that I have taken and every day there are choices to make. Sometime these choices are hard and I don't always make the right one. Sometimes I seldom make the right one. I let emotional issues dominate.

As I have mentioned before in one of my previous post the Doc's say I am bipolar and can enter into some deep "not caring moods". This is  not an excuse for not choosing life but it is a reason. When I am in these down moods it can make total sense for me to pig out because I just don't care or just want to give up. I have to realize what is real and what is not and "talk myself down" from the ledge - so to speak.

Now, I know you do not have to be bipolar to have these experiences yourselves. I know that many of you struggle with these things sometimes daily. I am right there with you and I know how hopeless and helpless you sometimes feel. My heart knows the pain and tears that come when the frustration of negative decisions hits and the guilt and gut - wrenching reality hits when you stand on the scale. Once again you feel like a failure...I am about to say something you have heard before but does very little good coming from me. Don't stop there! Tomorrow will come and a new day will bring new opportunities. "You are not a failure. You are not unloved. You do not have to feel the guilt that makes you feel like less of a person and unworthy of love. Look around, there are many that the Lord has put in your life that love you." I am one. This is no small thing but it is worth the ride.

I can not tell you what to do but when I am failing in my eating habits and I feel the guilt, the shame and the hopelessness...I start again the next day. It has brought results and I have lost over 54 pounds in 6 months. It could have been more if I would have been dilegent. I have not always practiced what I preached and the struggle goes on. But I have lost 54 pounds! Start over everyday knowing that the LOVE OF GOD remains and He will not depart from you.

I have more good news for you...Above all GOD LOVES YOU. He will NOT stop loving you:
1. Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we[a] have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we[b] boast in the hope of the glory of God. 3 Not only so, but we[c] also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.
 6 You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7 Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. 8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
 9 Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God’s wrath through him! 10 For if, while we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life! 11 Not only is this so, but we also boast in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Thank you again for reading my blog. Thank you to for those who have commented on facebook because of the difficulty of leaving a comment on my post. Thank you for the encouragement and love you have shared with me.

Thank you for bringing us all together in this time of desiring to do what is right.  Lord bless all of those who read this blog and give ministry to those who glean something from the words I have shared. Give hope oh Lord where there is none and show your love to those who need to feel you near. Give them signs and wonders, a speedy loss of weight but Lord mostly bring them through this wilderness with knowledge and the wisdom of your word. Thank you that you belong to us and we belong to you despite what we think. In Jesus name ~ AMEN


 

2 comments:

  1. 54 pounds! That's awesome!

    I know it wasn't the intent of your post, but I was starting to sigh a little for you.... until I got to the 54 pounds :) Very exciting. Keep it up, and ditch the "coulda been better" junk :) That's almost 10 pounds a month, which is perfect.

    Know what I'd like to see? A weight-loss ticker at the top of the blog. A visual weigh-to-go, so to speak :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tell Liane that if for noone else the closet was for Jack. Well if for noone else your blog is for me. Love & Prayers.
    In the words of Chicken Little "Tomorrow's a new day." Water, water I need to track my water, drink more water! lol

    ReplyDelete