Saturday, May 14, 2011

For I do not do the good I want...

Weighed in today...not pretty. In the last two weeks, since my last weigh in, I have gained 10 pounds. I definitely have a lot of water retention going on which is probably about half the weight. I can even feel the swelling in my hands and face. Still that is five pounds of not eating right. (I can't believe I am admitting this. But, accountability is accountability and part of that is to be honest...darn it)!

I can't stop, gotta keep going. If not my Dr says I die. Hmmmmm...let me think...food or life? Food or life?  I have a choice...a choice, hmmmm, I know I've read something about this - but where?

I call heaven and earth to witness against you this day, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse: therefore choose life, that you may live... ~ Deuteronomy 30:19

I envy so much those who can see that clearly and change on the spot and begin living a life of positive choices, but I gotta tell you, in the majority of people, this is not so. We seem to struggle so much with making the right choices. Even when we know what the results will be, or we expect different results. That my friends, is the definition of insanity. Immediate gratification takes precedence over what we know is right.

None of us are immune to sin. Sin dwells within our flesh and the fight goes on. We so desire to do what is right - that is my desire - yet we continue to do what is wrong. This war has waged since the Garden of Eden.

For I do not do the good I want, but the wrong I do not want is what I keep on doing.~ Romans 7:19

Be of good cheer though my friends!! For once again we can know that God is on our side in this. If we are in Christ Jesus then we can know there is healing and forgiveness and the Spirit of God dwells within us. We can not overcome it alone. Though we sin in our flesh our spirit desires to do good and soon we can overcome the thing which pulls us down as we continually seek after God's ways and begin to turn away from our own.

No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. ~ 1 Corinthians 10:13

Man, I never should have started this. I could go on all night on this topic but I need to get some sleep as it is 3:30 in the a.m. that I am writing this.

I continue to pray for all of you and ask the God of Mercy to draw you near and surround you with His peace. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you.

Thank you for your comments and suggestions it is nice to know someone is reading this. 8:)

Niecie

 


2 comments:

  1. Great post Denice and I couldn't agree more! Why is it we seem to make the wrong choices more often than not?

    It was great to see you again last week. I'm home, safe and sound after a rough night of flying. Both flights delayed and didn't get home until 2:30 am this morning. Still, sleep in my own bed was WONDERFUL! See you again in a few months, (I hope). Keep on, keeping on. We can do this. I gained 9.5 nasty lbs. while visiting back home. My dear mother-in-law is wonderful, but her idea of love isa never ending food fest!

    Blessings to you and I'll be in prayer for you.

    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it home safe Betsy. It was so much fun getting together and I hope we will do it again soon!
    I will continue to pray for you as well.
    Luv Ya!
    Niecie

    ReplyDelete